Monday, February 8, 2010

Olema Inn and Restaurant

Oysters w/ champagne mignonette, lemon, or horseradish

The oysters were already half eaten by the time I remembered to take pictures.  I wish they had more than eight oysters to try.  I probably could have eaten at least fifteen by myself.  The oysters came with three different toppings and I decided to put them all on since I have always liked everything in excess :) This is my go-to spot for oysters since it's grown locally at Hog Island so naturally it was very fresh and delicious.  The first time I went to Olema Inn was six years ago and they had waaaaaaay more choices in the types of oysters to order.  I had one previously with caviar and another baked with parmesan so I definitely miss the diversity.   All in all, I was very satisfied with the order.

New England clam chowder w/ chili oil

The soup was not too heavy so I was really happy since I still had my entree coming up.  The portion was generous and there were a ton of clams so that scored alot of points with me.  The only negative thing I can say about the soup was that there was too much celery.  I know it's a huge filler, but I expected more from this restaurant.

Maine lobster roll w/ baby lettuce, red onion, house potato chips

Whoa! There were chunks and chunks of lobster meat.  I was thoroughly impressed.  The filling was spilling out each time I took a bite and had to use a fork to eat the rest still left on the plate.  I appreciated that it wasn't drenched in mayo.  After eating this, I was very full and satisfied. Yay!

1 comment:

  1. I agree that the only negative of the soup that there was too much celery but I loved the chili oil in the soup. I guess it's a good thing I got the oysters since you believed you could have eaten 15 of them...

    ReplyDelete